Black Clawson Company
Flood damage to the Black-Clawson Company offices, northwest corner of Second and Vine Streets, from the 1913 Flood, Hamilton, Ohio. Photo by Jacobi & Berry, (C. Stanford Jacobi & Paul D. Berry), 308 High Street, Hamilton, Ohio. Photo from the Butler County Historical Society, Hamilton, Ohio.
20-foot Hydrapulper with heavy duty drive, ca. 1950. Photo by the Shartle Brothers division of Black-Clawson. Black-Clawson became the world's largest manufacturer of pulp and paper-making machinery. It developed the "Hydrapulper" that was used in paper recycling. The Shartle Brothers Division made many of these in its Middletown plant. From the George C. Crout Collection, MidPointe Library System, Middletown, Ohio.
Illustration of the Black & Clawson Company, 523 North Second Street, Hamilton, Ohio. Illustration from “The Centennial Anniversary of the City of Hamilton, Ohio”, by D. W. McClung, 1892, Hamilton, Ohio.