Dr. Cyrus Falconer
Dr. Cyrus Falconer was one of the early practitioners of medicine in Hamilton, Ohio. Born in Washington County, Pennsylvania, in 1810. His father ran a hotel in Rossville and operated a ferry until 1816. Dr. Falconer received his primary education in the Hamilton Schools until the age of 14, when he enrolled to study Latin in the private school of John L. Watkins. He entered Miami University in 1826. He began the study of medicine under Dr. R. B. Millikin and took a course of studies at the Ohio Medical College in Cincinnati. He returned to Hamilton to practice medicine from his office on High Street. He was a skilled surgeon. One of his sons, Captain John W. Falconer, was killed at Appomattox Court House in Virginia, April 9, 1865, just ½-hour before the end of the US Civil War.
Somewhere in Hamilton there are the remains of an automobile that was manufactured by the Columbia Carriage Co on 7th Street possibly at Maple Ave., the Hamilton Motor Car. Dr. Cyrus Falconer's son was one of the principals. Dr. Falconer was one of Hamilton's leaders who helped fund and promote the building of Miami University. This town was something special. Here's an ad we found for the car.